Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

She's Home!

We received our new (old) 1961 ish Shasta Compact on Sunday evening at midnight - the witching hour (I hope that won't be a sign of things to come).  The previous owner was kind enough to bring her all the way here to not-so-sunny Cape Cod (thanks Bob!).

The first thing we did was check under the trailer (she's a girl).  We'll be naming her soon.  As you can see from the photos, she is 12 feet of "Needs TLC".  The thing that you can't tell from the pictures is that she exudes the sweet aroma of au de mouse urine.  I took a bucket of bleachy water to her on Monday morning.

She already has one fan (besides me).  A neighbor's friend stopped by to take a peek at her.  Turns out she's a Vintage Shasta owner too (go Lisa).  In fact, it is entirely Lisa's fault that I started this journey.  I saw her adorable red shasta parked in front of the neighbor's house last summer and I was irrevocably hooked!  It's a communicable disease.

View photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/54768738@N03/sets/

No comments:

Post a Comment