Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kitchen cabinets installed!

We are getting achingly close to the decorating stage.  My husband and son, Christian, built the cabinets and the drawers yesterday.  They re-used the drawer fronts (with some tweaking) and the sink cabinet door.  However, all the framework had to be rebuilt as did the drawer boxes.  The range still has the plastic protective covering on the door and door handle











Upper cabinet with frosted acrylic panels

Aqua retro hex knob

Boomerang pulls - ours were missing, but purchased original pulls from someone who parted out their Shasta

Refrigerator magnet



I lined drawers with super grip shelf liner from Target

Here are some of my finds from "Savers"


I decided to use a basket under the range to hold kitchen towels and pots/pans.  I'll sew a liner for it to prevent the pots and pans from getting scratched up.  The kids and I went to "Savers", which is a big second hand store.  I scored a white enamel pot with black trim for $2.99 and bakelite handled flatware for 4 for a dollar.  We also got many kitchen utensils, some of which were vintage pink.

This week we will install the tops of the gaucho benches, the countertop, sink and the lights.  Dave will also be putting in the new water tank and the electrical panel, battery etc.  I have MORE aluminum to polish, some more painting and I need to prep the outside of the trailer for her paint job (this weekend).  I purchased automotive paint online in Ford's 1956 Sunset Coral for the bottom.  Can't wait to see it.

4 comments:

  1. WOW, so much progress! I really like the new cabinet pulls.Your stove and fridge look so posh and pretty! Can a stove be pretty?I can't wait to see it all finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't wait to see it all finished too. We have been working on this non stop. It feels good to be so close to being able to actually use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You! You must be a fellow kitchen designer :)

    It is such a small kitchen, but I couldn't resist some special touches.

    ReplyDelete